Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sadie's Plan... sort of

              So i had mentioned that I figured out the plan for the trip yesterday, right? So this is the plan,
the numbers indicate the day (e.g. 1. = First Day On The Road) and also the order. Ready?
  1. On Sunday August 15 my mother and I will leave Colo Iowa. We will head for I80 through Nebraska and arrive in Cheyenne, WY sometime that night. Along the way we plan to stop at the Great Platte River Road Archway, better known as the museum over the interstate. I just want to say that I am sure that Nebraska is a great place to live, the people are nice and its nice and open, but driving through Nebraska on I80 is one of the most boring things I have ever done. This museum is the way I am compensating for it. I wanted to travel across I90, but since we are going to Cheyenne we can't. In Cheyenne we are hopefully going to be able to stay with our good friends, the Burgs.
  2. On the 16th we will leave the Burgs and start on the longest part of the journey: Cheyenne WY- Vancouver BC. This leg of the journey will take us through all of Monday and
  3. into Tues, August 17. We will check into our hotel Tuesday sometime and spend the rest of the day off, hopefully sleeping.
  4. Wednesday, the 18, we will be going whale watching with the Vancouver Whale Watch. This will be the day that you will want to check Youtube ( Search for Morbidly Curious Whale Watching) and this blog for pictures and video of the orcas, sea lions, vancouver coastline and maybe even some humpbacks!! The rest of the day will probably be spent visiting the Olympic stuff and doing other random touristy things.
  5. Thursday the 19 is when we are planning on going to the Vancouver Aquarium, which is the biggest aquarium in Canada and one of the five largest in North America. Highlights include the Beluga Whales and the Pacific White Sided Dolphins, which are, in my opinion, the prettiest dolphins known to man. Thursday we will also drive to Seattle and pick Dad up at the airport at about 10. Mom will fly out at 12.
  6. Friday, August 20th Dad and I will leave Seattle and start through Canada. We will travel a little over 600 miles a day. The first day we will get to Hinton in Alberta. We will camp there.
  7. Saturday we will drive to Fort Nelson, BC. We will camp there too.

  8. Sunday the 22nd we will arrive in Skagway, which anyone who played the Youkon Trail computer game as a kid will recognize. Skagway was the dirt path and evil gamblers town. Heres a pic of it nowadays:
    So after we get to Skagway we will take the Ferry (I think its the small boat in the pic) and go to Haines!
    9.   On Monday the 23 we will prob. go fishing or hiking or do something cool in Haines. Im guna let Dad decide. :)
   10.  On Tuesday we will continue into Fairbanks, which of course is our destination. I don't know where we will be staying yet but I'm sure something will come up!

So I move into the dorms on Sunday the 29th. Dad flies out on the 30th. on the wed-sat that we are just in fairbanks we are trying to figure out what to do but it will probably include going to the Denali National Park for either the day or for fri into sat.

Be sure to be on the look out for pics and video both on youtube and here! and plz comment on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment