Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hehehe i didnt have internet :P also i revel alot of secrets in this one.... :O

Soooo.... i finally have the internet again. I really made you guys go bonkers huh? I have officially been in ALASKA for

a week and a day. I will have a separate blog for each thing that we did such as:

Road Conditions on the Alcan HWY
Skagway
Denali
Ed's Cabin

Unfortunately, for those of you who were interested in Skagway, I didnt take very many pictures. But it was for a good reason! Actually there is no excuse for my behavior so I will apologize. HOWEVER, i will still tell you my excuses. I did NOT make these up:

#1. When we first pulled into Skagway, it was 3 in the pm. It was sunday and we hadnt had anything to eat since pizza in prince george friday. Except a PB&J, which (this is a secret i dont tell alot of ppl) makes me sick. I can only have half a sandwich with very very little PB or J once a day otherwise my stomache acts funny and I can puke. So all i had frm PG to skagway was my meager portion of PB&J. We couldnt bring meat because we didnt have a way to keep it cold (Our cooler sucked) and i figure i would live w it for only a lite lunch. But then we didnt stop until 1030 that night and by then all the places to get food that far north are closed. All thats up there is locally owned restaurants and gas stations and everything closes down around 7. So when we got to skaway i was starved and just wanted a big juicy burger and greasy fries.
#2. I was planning on taking alot of pictures on the ferry ride out of skagway. It wouldda been a great shot and there woulda been alot of pictures IF.... i didnt have the flu. THATS RIGHT! on the very last day of traveling 4700 miles and my first real day in alaska I was sick with the FLU! of all the things to come down with.

so thats why. Also (this doesnt really count as an excuse but i will tell you a secret) i dont know if you guys have ever been to skagway but the pass through the mountains at the AM CAN border is very mountainous and the road isnt in very good condition. In fact, the whole way through Canada is mostly like that. So if your wonder why i didnt take very many pictures of canada its because (this is the secret part) I get car sick v easily in the mountains. and if any of you get car sickness or motion sickness then you will kno that looking through a lens any time around the actual sickness point is a bad idea. so thats why i didnt take very many pics.

So now your prob sittin there like OMG all she did was get sick all along her trip. and your right. i did. but the good part about getting sick is that after you do you feel great for a while! and i only got car sick 3 times and thats pretty impressive for how far and how mountainous we were. Honestly if you guys thought the Rockies were cool, come up to the north western parts of BC and the west parts of the Yukon. Its pretty amazing.  But back to this car sickness thing: its not all bad. In fact it makes me pretty unique. not alot of people can say theyve puked in almost all the states. And im not talkin bout ur sissy puke-in-the-toilet stuff im talking pure puking. Theres nothing quite like getting sick then pulling in a deep fresh breathe of mountain air. Makes you feel good. So those of you who arnt blessed with car sickness.... try to get sick some time. It might change your whole prospective.

No comments:

Post a Comment