Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Skagway

This will be short. I dont have any of the pictures on my computer so I wont be able to put them on here for a while.

But it was a very cute town that kind of appeared out of the mountains. It felt like one minute we were in the middle of the mountain range and the next we were enter Skagway! We ate then went to watch the Salmon spawn. Then we started looking around all the different shops. I went into one shop that sold local native artwork and there was a sculpture about 2 ft high of a orca that was $9700! it was soo pretty though. Oh! to be rich! hehe. But after that we went out to the river flats which was basically where the river went when it flooded. The road out was dirt, very bumpy and pot-holey and when we got out there it was all sand roads with HUGE dips. We could only make it about halfway out but my car was a trooper and handle the constant bottoming out like a pro! Now its being spoiled cuz it just sits in the parking lot unless I need to go smwhere off campus :)

But we went out the because every night there was bears that would come down to eat the fish. When we got out there there was already 2 photographers lined up against the river. But (big surprise here with my luck) that night they decided to make no appearances. I was mad. Oh well. The next morning I woke up with the flu, we got on the ferry and sailed to Haines. We then proceded to drive to Fairbanks on the most unkept road in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment